Valores Capital Partners LLC (“Valores”) is a specialist boutique bank focused on the financial services sector. With offices and senior principals in both New York City and India, we provide highly specialized advisory expertise in “high margin/high growth” verticals within financial services. We offer our clients high quality, independent advice on M&A and strategic matters, leveraging our broad network of global client relationships and our cumulative several decades of experience in the industry.
Within the FIG sector, Valores has a dual geographic focus – we cover the North American market from our headquarters in New York City and are also keenly focused on assisting our clients participate meaningfully in the developing markets growth opportunity via our India office.
Developing markets’ share of world financial assets is projected to increase materially over the next several decades, driven by favorable demographic trends, rapid urbanization, strong consumption growth and higher growth rates of local economies. This inexorable shift in the economic center of gravity, coupled with current nascent penetration of financial product and high savings rates, has profound implications for local and global financial services players, particularly asset and wealth managers.
Through our on-the-ground presence, our specialized and deep domain knowledge and our broad network of relationships in both North America and India, we are uniquely positioned to provide M&A and strategic corporate finance advice to our clients both within their local markets and on a cross-border basis.
Our coverage focus is as follows:
- Core focus on the investment management sector globally (traditional and alternatives). Coverage universe includes traditional equity and fixed income long-only money managers, wealth managers, primary and secondary private equity managers, hedge funds, real estate managers, fund of funds and structured products managers.
- Coverage of affiliated sectors such as brokerage, financial technology and service providers to the investment community including administrators/custodians, index providers and analytics companies.
- Broader FIG focus in India.
Valores is an independent advisory boutique launched with the objective of providing senior level management, owners and board members advice that is insightful, long-term oriented, candid and based on deep sector knowledge. We pride ourselves on our specialized industry knowledge, our transaction structuring expertise, our execution prowess and our high-touch senior level focus on all assignments that we take on. We are a seasoned team of senior professionals with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and strategic advisory, in our chosen sectors of focus.
We advise clients on strategic matters critical to the growth and success of their businesses by offering the following services:
- Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory: We have extensive experience advising clients in both buy-side and sell-side situations. Our senior principals have worked on behalf of both independent entities and large diversified financial institutions, both public as well as private. We recognize that each transaction involves unique challenges and opportunities especially in a “people” intensive and “culture” specific sector such as financial services.
- Corporate Finance Advisory: We advise clients on their capital structure and private capital raising initiatives. We do not however intend to engage in public securities research, brokerage or sales and trading.
- Strategic Advisory: We will selectively work with clients on high-level strategic issues such as employee ownership and incentive programs in the context of succession planning, unbiased third-party valuation exercises for internal purposes, joint venture evaluation, long-term business strategy & business plan development and optimal organizational structure. These assignments are typically undertaken in the context of a broader corporate finance or M&A advisory client relationship.
Our client base is global and includes North American and European institutions as well as organizations based in developing economies. Our relationships include both pure-play independents as well as diversified financial services institutions. Our principals have represented financial services clients across the size spectrum — from small independents to industry giants. Our developing markets presence adds a critical dimension to clients wishing to tap into the rapid growth in developing economies through cross-border transaction activity. Our principals have also successfully represented clients in developing economies, on both in-market transactions, as well as acquisitions overseas as they expand into western markets.